I was born in 1958 in Wellington but grew up in Gisborne (the first city on the planet to see the light of the new day).
I have lived in various parts of Wellington for the past 33 years and agree it is absolutely, positively wonderful!
I can be contacted by:
- Phone : (04) 971 5888 or 022-6102-910
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 1/30A Dunns Street, Silverstream, Upper Hutt 5019
am interested and involved in many aspects of community life covering
three broad areas:
Spirituality, Social Justice, Arts & Culture. I am a member of several not-for-profit community organisations in the following areas:
- I am interested in exploring religious thought and expression from
a non-dogmatic and human-oriented standpoint. I am a member of St.
Andrew's on The Terrace Church, St.
Andrew's trust for the Study of Religion and Society (Administrator,
Treasurer & Webmaster), Sea
of Faith Network (Treasurer), and Ephesus
(Webmaster). My spiritual home is
St. Andrews on the Terrace (Presbyterian) and often referred to
as "the thinking person's church"
for why!!) and Galaxies
(Gay and Lesbian and Christian-ish in every sphere)
- I enjoy learning about other spiritual streams and faiths. There is a common essence to nearly all faiths of love and compassion (called theGolden Rule) for all creation and especially each other. However, the power hungry and fanatical always seem to be able to turn it around and justify evil in the name of God.
- Social Justice issues - Doing what I can to raise awareness of and give support to those struggling for justice and equality. I have a high awareness of ecological, poverty, and unjust treatment in this world. I am involved in organisations that support Social Justice issues. I am a member of the Social Justice Committee at St. Andrews on the Terrace. I have a particular interest in the peaceful resolution of differences - The United Nations (I am their National Administrator) and the World Council of Churches proclaimed 2000 - 2010 as the 'Decade to overcome violence'. I am a member of Peace Movement Aotearoa, Amnesty International and Greenpeace
- I enjoy performance art (dance, plays etc) and learning about other cultures as well as celebrating my own cultural heritage. I am a member of several groups: Friends of the Royal New Zealand Ballet (President, Newsletter editor, Webmaster) and Galaxies (Convener and Treasurer).
and Hosting Web sites. These are the sites I currently run:
- Victor Young - Ship Negative catalogue
- Fergus Collinson - Jazz Art Painter
- Galaxies (Gay & Lesbian & Christian In Every Sphere)
- Disability, Spirituality and Faith Network, Aotearoa/New Zealand
- Norman Knipe - Wellington Celebrant
- Ephesus (spiritual seeking in a non-threatening way)
- Wellington Friends of the Royal New Zealand Ballet
- Strumpet - Galaxies Gals making great music
- Heatherlea Gardens - Fantastic B&B in Levin
- Random Theatre - Ernest Leaning's Play
- Plumstead Stories - Colin's website of collected storied from where he grew up
- Listening to music (mainly popular easy listeningg (at least easy to compute by), classical (in concert), some light opera, country & western, and a little bit of good Jazz/Blues)
- Helping my friends become Internet savvy (a major labour of love!!)
- Helping others on their journey through life.
- I treat people with kindness and respect and like to think I obey the golden rule: Don't do to others what I wouln't like them to do to me. Sometimes it is much harder than it seems ...